I’ve had the sneaking suspicion for a while that the future of social networks will not be the huge aggregates such as Facebook and LinkedIn, but in proprietary, vertically-specific online communities. Here are several examples representing a variety of interests and professions:
- Fohboh, an community targeting the restaurant industry;
- OfficeArrow, a community for office professionals;
- Social Media Today, a community for those interested in social media;
- Human Capital League, a community for workplace professionals;
- Patients Like Me, a community of patients with chronic illness;
- VR Marketing Lounge, a community for Vertical Response customers;
- SocialMoms, a community for stay-at-home moms.
Two facts are in evidence:
Bizzuka recently brought on a new agency partner, Daniels-Brown Communications. In an interview with the owner, Stephen Daniels-Brown, I asked how they came to find us given that they're located in northwest Washington state and we're in southern Louisiana.