There seems to be a meme going around regarding the idea of personal brand building that leads to corporate brand building. It’s of personal interest to me as that’s what I’m attempting to do at Bizzuka.
Here’s what some thought leaders have to say:
- Can personal branding take a back seat to corporate branding? – Mike’s Points
- Business and branding #3: Brand You – Des Walsh
- Personal branding: Is it right for you? – About.com Marketing
- My thoughts on Chris Brogan & personal branding – Global Neighbourhoods
- My best advice about personal branding – Chris Brogan
- A corporate view of personal branding with pros and cons – Personal Branding blog
- Got some personal branding I could borrow? – PR Squared
There are a number of questions being asked in these and other posts: Can you use personal branding as a marketing tactic to build the corporate brand? Can personal brand equity be transferred to the company? Or, is personal branding purely narcissistic? Further, what happens to the corporate brand when the person leaves? (i.e. Scoble/Microsoft, Charlene Li/Forrester)
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to opine.